Free School Meals
If you have already been receiving the Free School Meal Premium you do not need to reapply.
Your child(ren) may be eligible to receive free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190)
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned household income of no more that £7,400 – we may need to ask to see your Universal Credit journal)
Applying for free school meals
If you live in the Blackpool Council area you can complete and submit our online free school meals form.
If you are currently in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction you may not need to complete our form. If you are unsure about this please ring our claims team on 01253 478940 for advice.