Online Safety for children
While at school we use the following phrase, Stop, Tell and Block to help keep everyone safe online.
- Stop: Stop clicking and take your device to an adult.
- Tell : Tell the adult what you have seen that has made you sad or made you feel uncomfortable.
- Block: The teachers will block this site, so that nobody else will have to see the same thing.
Remember – nothing online should make you feel sad or uncomfortable, don’t ignore it, Stop, Tell and Block.
We want you to have fun and enjoy the range of technology you have available to you, but we also want you to be safe, at school and at home.
Have a look at this game and learn about staying safe online. Lee and Kim’s Adventures
- Always ask a grown up before you use the internet. They can help you find the best thing to do.
- Don’t tell strangers where you live, your phone number or where you go to school. Only your friends and family need to know that.
- Don’t send pictures to people you don’t know. You don’t want strangers looking at photos of you, your friends or your family.
- Tell a grown up if you feel scared or unhappy about anything. In our school you can speak to anyone, but particularly your teacher and Ms Hillier
You can also call ‘Childline’ on: 08001111 to talk to someone who can help.