Visions and Values
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
At Langdale, we are:
- Committed to the best outcomes for all, as we learn together in a rich, respectful and safe environment
- Confident that our imaginative and inclusive curriculum inspires determination, resilience, teamwork and success
- Curious, thoughtful and creative
- Challenging, of ourselves and of each other; we debate ideas and find ways to improve
- Courageous and fair; we respect that everyone is equal in dignity and rights.
At Langdale we can become anything, because we are unique and we believe in a lifelong love of learning.
Love Learning, Love Langdale
Throughout the whole school and across all curriculum areas we hope to foster these attributes as part of our Langdale values;
We encourage all pupils, staff and parents to have high expectations of learning. Pupils are encouraged to challenge themselves and be open to learning new things that support their progress and development at school and beyond.
We support our pupils to develop their ability in expressing themselves in an appropriate manner in order to experience positive interactions and relationships with others.
We teach our pupils to feel proud of themselves and others and celebrate their successes in everything they do.
We teach our pupils the importance of persevering when difficulty occurs, providing them with the tools needed to ‘keep trying’ to achieve their goals.
We encourage our pupils to be thoughtful and considerate of themselves and others, enabling them to learn how their actions have a positive impact on helping those who need it.
We want our pupils to develop a strong sense of identity and pride in themselves, enabling them to feel confident of their place in their school, home and wider community, including secure knowledge of how they contribute to it.